By now you have probably heard the rumor that ProcessMaker Version 3.0 is about to be released. Well, let me give you official confirmation – it is indeed true. In fact, partners, customers, and some select members of our community have been testing an early BETA release for the past few weeks as part of our “friends and family BETA program.” If you are part of that lucky group, you are already feeling the excitement. The rest of you will have to wait a little longer, but not much. ProcessMaker 3.0 will be available publicly as a BETA release on July 22nd – Get Ready!
Here are some of the incredibly cool things that are coming out in this upcoming release.
1) Killer REST API – While most of the world were counting the days during the past year until the start of the World Cup, our technology team was hard at work building a first class RESTful API for ProcessMaker. Man o Man is this a game changer. As many of you already know, the world has become one big API. It’s as simple as that. Historians will eventually all agree that the API, not Esperanto, became the world’s universal language. If you can imagine it, it can now be built on ProcessMaker. We have already had a few internal hackathons just to see what our team could do with the REST API…and well…its really cool. Look at this cool AngularJS inbox built with our REST API by our sales engineer, Ethan Presberg. Ethan built this in about 3 hours!
2) New BPMN Designer- PM 3.0 has a new process designer, and it gives ProcessMaker the fresh new look it was needing. It also has some great features such as multi-object drag-and-move, zoom in, zoom out, undo, redo, and yes – you can also move your lines to make your diagrams look they way you want them to look.
3) BPMN 2.0 Support – As you can see from the diagram above, the latest version of ProcessMaker also greatly expands users abilities to design using BPMN 2.0. Activities, Sub-Process Call Activities, start message events, start timer events, and much more allow users to start taking advantage of BPMN 2.0 designing in ProcessMaker. We will will continue to roll out new BPMN 2.0 shapes throughout the rest of the year to complete the Level I palette inside PM including import/export of bpmn 2.0 xml files.
4) Responsive UI HTML 5 Form Designer – The ProcessMaker Form Designer is another game changer. This beautiful new Jquery/bootstrap based form designer allows for multi-column drag and drop, sophisticated grid forms, and much more. The kicker, however, is that it builds Responsive UI, HTML 5 forms natively. Build your forms once, and they will auto-adjust to display beautifully on desktops, laptops, tablets, phablets, and phones.
5) More Speed – Last but not least ProcessMaker has gotten a lot faster…about 40% faster to be exact. We are confident that our most demanding enterprises users will see big performance gains in this latest version of ProcessMaker.
As you can see, we are jumping up and down about this latest version of ProcessMaker. A lot of work went on under the hood in this latest version. So get ready….July 22nd is release day.